A set of data or elements drawn from a larger population and analyzed to estimate the characteristics of that population.
- A proportion used in determining the dimensional relationship of a representation to that which it represents: a world map with a scale of 1:4,560,000.
- A system of notation in which the values of numerical expressions are determined by their places relative to the chosen base of the system.
- A balance or any of various other instruments or devices for weighing.
scale drawing 缩尺图
scalene triangle 不等边三角形
A triangle whose sides are all of different lengths.
scatter plot, scatter graph, scatter chart, scattergram, scatter diagram 散点图
A type of plot or mathematical diagram using Cartesian coordinates to display values for typically two variables for a set of data.
scientific notation 科学记数法
A way of expressing numbers that are too big or too small to be conveniently written in decimal form, multiplied by 10 to the appropriate power, as 1385.62 written as 1.386 × 103.
One of the four natural divisions of the year, spring, summer, autumn, and winter, beginning astronomically at an equinox or solstice, but geographically at different dates in different climates.
- A straight line intersecting a curve.
- A trigonometric function that in a right-angled triangle is the ratio of the length of the hypotenuse to that of the adjacent side; the reciprocal of cosine.