- For a given angle in a right-angled triangle, a trigonometric function equal to the length of the side opposite the angle divided by the length of the adjacent side.
- Let P be a point on a curve, the tangent to the curve at P is the line through P that touches the curve at P, but never cross or intersect the curve.
tangram 七巧板 A Chinese puzzle consisting of a square cut into five triangles, a square, and a rhomboid, to be reassembled into different figures.
temperature 温度 A measure of the warmth or coldness of an object or substance with reference to some standard value.
- The ordinal number matching the number ten in a series.
- One of ten equal parts.
term 项 Each of the members of which a mathematical expression, a series of quantities, or the composed.
terminating decimal 有限小数 A decimal that has only a finite number of nonzero digits to the right of the decimal point. Also known as finite decimal.
tetrahedron 四面体 A solid figure having four plane faces. A regular tetrahedron has faces that are equilateral triangles.
theorem 定理，法则 A proposition, statement, that has been or is to be proved on the basis of explicit assumptions.
thermometer 温度计 An instrument for measuring temperature, especially one having a graduated glass tube with a bulb containing a liquid, typically mercury or colored alcohol, that expands and rises in the tube as the temperature increases.
- The number 1,000.
- The fourth digit to the left of the decimal point in the decimal number system.
three-dimensional 三维，立体 Existing in three dimensions, possessing or appearing to possess the dimensions of height, width, and depth.
thrice 三次 Three times.
- The system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future; indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
- Duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity; finite duration.
- A system or method of measuring or reckoning the passage of time: mean time; apparent time; Greenwich Time.
time line 时间线
- A schedule, timetable: a plan of when something should happen or how much time something should take.
- A line showing particular dates over a period of time.
time value of money 资金的时间价值 Describes the greater benefit of receiving money now rather than later. It explains why interest is paid or earned: Interest, whether it is on a bank deposit or debt, compensates the depositor or lender for the time value of money.
times tables 乘法表 A table, used as an aid in memorization, that lists the products of certain numbers multiplied together, typically the numbers 1 to 12.
timetable 时间表 A schedule listing the times at which certain events, such as arrivals and departures at a transportation station, are expected to take place.