A year that contains 366 days, with February 29 as an additional day: occurring in years whose last two digits are evenly divisible by four, except for centenary years not divisible by 400.
To have a legal agreement in which someone pays you money to use a building, land, or equipment belonging to you for a specific period of time.
Smallest in size, amount, degree, etc.
least common denominator / lowest common denominator 最小公分母
The least common multiple of the denominators of a set of fractions: The least common denominator of 1/3 and 1/4 is 12.
least common multiple / lowest common multiple 最小公倍数
The smallest number that a group of numbers can be divided into exactly. For example: 12 is the least common multiple of 2, 3, 4, and 6, 20 is the least common multiple of 2, 5, 10, and 20.
A proposition that is assumed to be true in order to test the validity of another proposition.
- The measurement of the extent of something along its greatest dimension.
- A piece, often of a standard size, that is normally measured along its greatest dimension.
less than 比 … 小
A smaller amount of. < like terms / similar terms 同类项
Terms that contain the same unknown factors and the same powers of these factors, differ only in their coefficients or sign or are identical; for example, the similar terms in the polynomial x2y – 2xy + 3xy2 – 5x2y are “x2y” and “–5x2y”.
- A number such that the value of a given function remains arbitrarily close to this number when the independent variable is sufficiently close to a specified point or is sufficiently large. The limit of 1/x is zero as x approaches infinity; the limit of (x − 1)2 is zero as x approaches 1.
- A number such that the absolute value of the difference between terms of a given sequence and the number approaches zero as the index of the terms increases to infinity.
- One of two numbers affixed to the integration symbol for a definite integral, indicating the interval or region over which the integration is taking place and substituted in a primitive, if one exists, to evaluate the integral.